Thursday, March 17, 2011

Thoughtful Thursdays: Light As A Feather, Stiff As A Board



I first heard of this game, "Light As A Feather, Stiff As A Board" by watching the movie, The Craft.  It is about four girls who practice witchcraft and soon conjure up various spells for those who anger them.

Does magic exists?  I guess I would have to ask David Copperfield.  However, I do believe in the power of the mind.

There are so many people that are simply sitting around and waiting on the Leprechaun to come and hit them with the lucky stick.  Most people have nightmares of destruction, death, negativity, and financial turmoil.  Their vocabulary is full of the following phrases:  "Life is hard."  "It's just not possible."  "I can't do that."  And let's not forget, the most common phrase of all, "I don't have _____________!"  
         
Growing up, I was always taught that "thoughts are things".  Even with the tsunami, volcanoes, and nuclear warfare, we should turn the negativity into a positive.  Though I am definitely saddened by the latest world events, I can't help but think...THANK GOD IT WASN'T ME!

If we keep following our negative way of thinking, then we are going to more stiff as a board than light as a feather.  I pray everyday for those who are less fortunate.  I pray for those who had to endure the earthquakes and tsunami.  But, I am grateful and accept positive energy into my life.

"Negativity sucks away energy. If part of the negativity stems from your attitude or perspective, commit yourself at the beginning of each day and each activity to find something positive in yourself and in others around you. If the people around you are negative and you can't change that, either remove yourself from the situation or view it simply as one obstacle you face in pursuing your own potential. Stay focused on your own goals and make the best of the situation.
The Craft (Special Edition)
Buy The Craft (Special Edition) only $7.49 @ Amazon