Saturday, January 15, 2011

Who Gives A Damn About A New Zodiac Anyway?

For over 20 years, I have been what "science" had considered a Scorpio.  This was and has always been my so-called astrological sign.  Now, after reading posts on Facebook and reading some stupid article on the Internet, I am no longer considered a Scorpio because of science?  The Earth shifted and now I am a Libra.  My question is...WHO GIVES A DAMN?!

I have been reading my friends Facebook posts and looking at the latest Twitter trends and I am astonished as to how many people really care what their new sign is.  Does this mean that your personality is going to change because the Earth is suddenly thrown off?  Are all the normally hateful people are going to be nice?  Are all of the sexually shy people are going to now be freaks?  Are all the politicians that believed in increasing taxes and stopping unemployment are going to experience a shift in personalities?


Instead of reading what your horoscope is saying and looking up into the stars to find that ram in the sky, focus on being yourself and doing what makes you happy.  The only thing that you can be sure of in life...is absolutely nothing.  We can't put our futures in the hands of scientists who can't even find the cure of AIDS, believed the world was flat, and believe cigarettes are hazardous enough to increase taxes and pull ads, but are not hazardous enough to illegalize.


All my life I had been looking for something, and everywhere I turned someone tried to tell me what it was.  I accepted their answers too, though they were often in contradiction and even self-contradictory.  I was naïve.  I was looking for myself and asking everyone except myself questions which I, and only I, could answer.  It took me a long time and much painful boomeranging of my expectations to achieve a realization everyone else appears to have been born with:  that I am nobody but myself.  ~Ralph Ellison, "Battle Royal"

FOCUS ON MAKING IT IN LIFE 
AND 
LESS ABOUT WHAT YOUR NEW SIGN IS.

What Do You Think About 
The New So-Called Astrological Signs?
PLEASE COMMENT