Thursday, October 28, 2010

Angels, Demons, and Politicians

 "Bad politicians are sent to Washington 
by good people who don't vote."





Red.  White.  Blue.  Those were the colors of the receipt I received for voting for the first time when I turned 18.  I still have the receipt in my photo album.  It might be weird to some people, but it was and still is truly significant to me.  It was my legal right of passage to adulthood.  Besides the change in color on my id card, I felt proud that I was able to finally do something that the other "grown folk" could do.  I felt proud that I could GO OUT AND VOTE!

Each Others Keeper was started in 2008 primarily as a political blog.  Though it has involved to an inspirational and motivational blog, I still wanted to encourage people to vote.  As an hard-working American since the age of sixteen and a tax payer, I feel that I have a responsibility to myself and others to vote.  Whoever is the President, Mayor, Governor, or a member of Congress affects me and my family.  I knew this at a very young age.  Which is why I wanted to share with people the importance of registering and going to vote.

In 2008, politicians discussed their issues and had relevant debates.  Flash forward to today, I have heard and seen so many negative attack ads on the radio, billboards, and in the news.  It is so disappointing and discouraging for new voters who may have had an interest in voting.  It makes me wonder whether this is being done intentionally. 
Whether it is the Democrats, Republicans, Independents, or the, in-my-opinion racist, Tea Party members, politicians should discuss the issues.  Encouraging people to vote for a particular party without illustrating the issues are wrong.  I believe that you should vote for whichever INDIVIDUAL that strongly represents YOUR ideas and beliefs.

I don't want to go in to any details, at least right now, about my political opinions.  Right now, it does not matter.  However, I want to encourage everyone to go out and vote on November 2, 2010.  

Regardless of the INTENTIONAL NEGATIVITY, let your voices be heard.  Regardless of what party you are a part of, research the politicians on the ballot before you go out and vote, and form YOUR OWN OPINION!

If you don't want to do this for yourself, then think of it as my birthday present.  After all, my birthday is on November 2nd.  So, if you don't want to go vote for yourself, go vote for me!  
SHOW YOUR SUPPORT!  
PLEASE COMMENT ON THIS BLOG TODAY.

WHERE DO I VOTE?  
CHECK OUT THIS SITE FOR MORE INFORMATION 
>>>>  http://www.vote411.org/