Saturday, September 11, 2010

Don't Ever Forget September 11, 2001


You wake up and go through the same morning routine everyday.  Of course, for you, today is no exception.  Its 2 o'clock in the morning as I am writing this.  I can't help but thing that  most of my readers have forgotten what today is.  Most of you have forgotten what today symbolizes.  Most of you have forgotten why you should be grateful for your life.

I can't even remember what I was doing on September 11, 2001.  I don't remember whether I was at work or at home.  All I remember was that when I got home, I was glued to the television set just like millions of other Americans and non-Americans.  I was watching with horror and heart break as the towers collapsed and hearing about the number of casualties within the days, weeks, and months ahead.

Then, I heard that someone was attacking the White House.  They were actually attacking the symbolism of the United States of America.  Being from Chicago, my family and everyone that I know was on high alert.  What if this tragedy happened to the Sears Tower (now-named Willis Tower)?  What would we do?  I was thinking all of this as I continued to watch people die in front of my very eyes.

To me this wasn't just any reality television show.  This wasn't the Real World, Jersey Shore, or even the Survivor.  This was the USA vs. Terrorism.  This was Reality's Reality!  This was the real deal.  I'm not even going to lie.  I cried.  I balled as I watched this unfold.  I never paid so much attention to politics until that very day.

I say all of this to say - DON'T FORGET!  Whether you are an American or non-American, it doesn't really matter.  Whether you are for the war or against it.  It is irrelevant.  People died on this day and are still dieing.  I can't put it into words how much I feel bloggers should blog about September 11th and others need to dedicate their Facebook and Twitter pages to loved ones and unknown ones who have risked their lives or died for our country.

I DARE YOU TO WRITE A COMMENT IN RESPECT FOR THOSE WHO DIED OR WHO HAVE AND ARE RISKING THEIR LIVES FOR OUR COUNTRY.



In loving memory of those who died and risked their lives on 9/11.

To Receive Postings and Updates, 
Please Enter Your E-Mail Address Below:


Delivered by FeedBurner