As usual, I went blog-hopping a few weeks ago. I forgot the name of the blog, however, there was this post that was talking about the BP oil spill and toxic relationships. Whether it is in the family, on the job, or in a personal relationship, this is how you can tell you are in a toxic relationship?
- Take up residence in your space, profit off of you, and leave you to foot the bill if anything goes awry
- Quick to blame others and slow to admit fault (if ever)
- Disregard or minimize the burden they've placed on you
- Refuse to see your side of the situation
- Can't understand why you're complaining because they're so wrapped up in their own bottom line
- Is all about money, money, money?
- Cost you money, time and heartache
- Are often deceitful, tell half-truths and give half-hearted apologies
- Do not take other people's thoughts or safety into account
- Have a sense of entitlement and believe they're above reproach
- Think they have all the answers, even though they're the reason things are going down the tube
- Leave a trail of confusion, destruction, and disappointment
- Make unwise, detrimental decisions with little or no concern about the outcome
As Tina Turner said, "What's love got to do with it?". Do you know anyone in a toxic relationship? Is it you? COMMENTS!