Monday, May 24, 2010

You Are In Bondage And Don't Even Know It

When I hear the word "bondage", I automatically think of imprisonment, servitude, slavery, or being held captive.  Hearing this word, "bondage", doesn't make me happy.  Its not a happy word, "bondage".  The Webster Dictionary defines "bondage" as being captive, slavery, or involuntary servitude.  I get nauseous when I think about someones freedom being take away or someone doing something against their will.  I am glad that I am not in "bondage".  But, am I?  Are you in "bondage"?  Lets explore further.

If you consider being in "bondage" as having a "bad habit", then you would at least know that the problem can be resolved. We are in so many unhealthy relationships in our lives that we think that we can't get out of. Whether it is our family, job, the girlfriend, the boyfriend, alcohol, cigarettes, or sex, most people are in a bondage and don't even know it.


I had reasoned this out in my mind, there was one of two things I had a right to, liberty or death; if I could not have one, I would have the other. ~~ Harriett Tubman

Everyone should feel as if they have a river of choices.  You shouldn't feel that you are bond to make a certain decision in your life or that you can't get out of a certain situation in your life.  One thing that is certain is that we have free will.  We have free will to make our own choices.  It is important to remember that being in bondage or repetitively doing a "bad thing" or "bad habit" is ultimately going to lead to unhappiness and an even worst situation.  What should I do?

Write down a list of things that make YOU happy.  Write down the problem.  Visualize a solution.  If you can't think of a solution, there are so many people that can.  Pride is the biggest setback that a person can have.  Pride stops people from asking for help or saying what is on their minds.  Pride is a stumbling block.

It is now time to life those stumbling blocks in your life so that you can get back on track.  If the block is a person, then remove the person from your life.  Change your number, e-mail, phone number, to prevent this person from being in your circle.  If the block is a place, then work towards moving to a different location and so on.  No matter how old you are, nothing should hold you back!

Please comment and follow this blog.  :)