Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Mother With The Father's Heart

If I'm not sure of who I am,
I just need to look at you.
You're the kind of person I'd like to be...
One who strives to be like Jesus.

I won't compare your beauty to that Rose,
Although I've seen you display God's grace
when life handed you thorns.
No, your humility would not allow it.

Instead I will just remind you, Mom,
that even a little green sprig is celebrated
in a sun-scorched desert.
Yes, you are a sign of living water
in a land of thirsty hearts and souls.

I won't compare your strength to a mighty tree,
although you've shaded many weary people,
in the healing leaves of your prayers;
and fed them by the fruits of the Spirit
abundantly growing from He Who dwells within you.

Instead I will remind you, Mom,
that all it takes is a few broken twigs
to create a storm-sheltering nest.
And the faith of a little mustard seed
moves God's heart to produce miracles.

And I won't compare your loving heart
to all the mothers' hearts of the world,
because you have the heart
of the loving Heavenly Father.

I love you, Mom,
the way you have taught me to love,
With the love of the Lord.

Poem By Melanie Cummings



Happy Mother's Day to my mom and all of the moms out there.  Please show your support by commenting or following this blog.  Have a great day :)