Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Out With The Old, In Like A Diva!

I was raised by strong women in my family.  Lets just say that the male presence was non-existent.  My mother has always taught me that I am the diva of my dominion.  It wasn't a direct lesson.  It was a lesson that I had grew to learn from her over time.  Though there were sometimes in which I felt like my female role models "sugar coated" the true facts of life, I learned through first-hand experience what it was and meant to be girl, a young lady, and now, a woman.  



It is so hard to believe that it is 2010.  Before we all know it, it will be June and we will be wondering how fast this year is pasting us by.  Unlike many of my friends and family, I will not make New Year resolutions or promises.  However, I am setting goals for myself and I will be taking things on day at a time.  My goal is to be the Diva I am meant to be.  

The definition of a diva is one that behaves as a goddess or a queen.  I will no longer let negativity, lies, deceit, jealously, back-biting, among other things effect me as much as it has in the past.  I am no longer a follower, but a leader.  There are some people in your personal circle that are comfortable with seeing you unhappy or on "their" level.  Unfortunately some people are secretly, if not, openly happy seeing you unhappy, struggling, broke, or in a bind.  Whether you are a man or women, its time to take back your life and act like a Diva!


Take your wants and desires out of your head and put it into action.  If you want to go back to school, apply for financial aid and go to school.  If you want a new car, go to the car lot and see what you need to get that new car.  If you want a new man or woman that will treat you right, get rid of the garbage that you have already and start anew.  Last year you spent your time making everyone else happy, let this year be about you.  Don't you believe that you deserve so much more?

I know that it has been a while since I have been writing on a regular.  Well, I'm back!  I will be writing about politics, social, and life issues.  To my regular readers, I want to say Happy New Year!  Let out focus be on what you can learn this year and what you have to do to grow mentally and spiritually.  To my new readers, welcome and subscribe to this blog!

Please start the year of right by commenting, following, tweeting, or subscribing to this blog.  Also, I check the widgets on the right for weekly GIVEAWAYS and other cool stuff!