Sunday, October 4, 2009

Real Women Have Curves

There was this particular dress that I saw in Vibe Magazine one day.  It was stunning.  It wasn't too form fitting.  However, it could show the curves that you wanted to reveal.  Therefore, I went with my friend to try to get this particular dress.  It was pink and black, not too short, and revealed just the right amount of cleavage. When I first went into the store, before zooming in on what I particularly wanted, I saw that all the dresses were size 10 and below.  However, that didn't stop me.  I just assumed that they put the plus size clothing in the back like they always do.

My friend and I went to the back of the store for the dress.  Of course, it was there just begging for me to find the right shoes and accessories.  I went through all of the dresses.  Finally, a sales associate came and asked if we needed any help.  In fact, she asked my friend and not me.  I knew right then and there that I will never be able to have what I wanted unless I was a particular size.


After reading a recent issue of Glamour magazine and looking at this particular article, I realize that "skinny bitches" are far too overrated.  I admire these women that choose to go onto a magazine and strut there stuff.  Mind you, I am  NOT overly overweight.  However, I am not a size 10 either.  This article made me feel more confident.  The truth is the average weight of a woman is size 14.  Yes, size 14!



 
 Be yourself is very important!  
Embracing yourself is even more important!  
Loving yourself is a victory!

Comment Questions:
   Do you embrace yourself?  Do you think that magazines, newspaper, and media do not truly depict the average body weight and look?  Are you happy with yourself?  Please comment.

Don't Forget To Check Out My Other Blog:  Her Money Makers and follow!