Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Why Do I Write? (National Literacy Day)


I have been blogging for almost a year now. It started because I was bored at work one day and needed something to do. Eventually, blogging became my very own form of therapy. In addition, there are times when I want to challenge ignorance. I am able to discuss my political views, talk about my own personal life, and give out information when I write. I am able to share my own thoughts and my personal experiences. Some people talk to their family, go to their best friends, yet I spill my guts out in writing.

When you write, there is no one to judge you. You don't always have to censor what you want to say. You are able to say whatever it is that you want to say. I view writing as a creative and original outlet. When I post a blog, no matter how personal or how controversial, it is how I truly feel at the time. I want to share a little piece of myself with my readers.

During my time as a writer, I have had some readers who have taken my posts offensively. They had wrote some very interesting comments. These were particularly from family members. In addition, there were some people from the political community. Early on, I often felt that I had to apologize or explain my various blog posts. However, as I have grown over the past year, I now view writing as an asynchronous ministry.

I don't know who I could be touching or opening up awareness to. You never know when or where or who you are ministering to, but someone is reading somewhere. Whether reading in the bedroom, in an office, at the coffee shop, or anywhere, there is always someone reading.

Today, as I post, I post freely. I don't worry about people taking my words offensively. I don't explain what I mean when I wrote this or that. I don't sugar-coat my words. I have a new philosophy now. If you don't like the blog, then do not read it. If you have something negative to say, then get your own DAMN blog.

Stay tuned for my real uncensored blog posts. Below are some of my most controversial blog posts. Please read for yourself and comment.

"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
-Cyril Connolly

Please comment, follow, and TWEET ME
TO GET THIS BLOG SENT TO YOUR E-MAIL AS UPDATED PLEASE SUBSCRIBE