Friday, September 11, 2009

I Look To You


After hearing this song on the radio today, I just started crying. It touched my heart and my spirit so much in a very unusual way. Unfortunately, there are few "kill-a-spirit" people out there. They gossip, lie, make accusations, and through out so much negativity to other people. The truth is...these negative people know exactly what they are doing.

You may never know what others are going through, simply by looking at them. It is foolish to think that you are the only one in the entire world that goes through trials and tribulations. I will be the first to admit that I have been foolish at times. "No one has gone through as much as I have", I'll say. But the truth is that there are people that are, does, and have going through so much. I have never been without a roof over my head. I look like I may have never missed a meal. I may not have a billion dollars in the bank, but I have never wanted for anything.


This song can mean whatever you want it to mean. However, to me it is about a person who wants to search for someone or something that can take them away from all the negativity, hurt, and disappointment. In my previous post, I wrote about the fact that we can all die with something. What I didn't say is that there are some people that die of negativity, hurt, and disappointment. Some people die from what the "kill-a-spirit" people s actions. What does this have to do with you?

Don't be a "kill-a-spirit". Don't be the person that gossips, make accusations, and knowingly hurt someone. Don't be the person that is seeking revenge. If you have a family member, friend, see a stranger on the street, it will not hurt to say hello and smile. Sometimes throughout all a person's hurt, disappointment, and tears, all a person will need is a smile to get them through the day.

Please feel free to comment and subscribe.


bleeding rose by theresonlyone17.
Don't Kill The Spirit