Thursday, May 14, 2009

Grey's Anatomy Gives A Love and Appreciation Lesson


There are a lot of things that I like to do when I am at home to unwind. I like to blog, spend time with my dog, and catch up on some movies and television. I watch One Tree Hill, Smallville, and Grey's Anatomy. My sister/best friend always tell me that I should stop getting engrossed in these stories. However, some of them mirror real life to me and reminds me of what matters most.


Whether you are feeling alone, scared, weak, happy, or scared, sometimes I like to watch these fictional characters on television and see how they realistically pull things off. Watching Grey's Anatomy tonight made me remember that you need to learn to appreciate people, all people, while they are here. You never know when someone might loss their memory, give in an unexpected accident, die, or just go away. You should appreciate the people around you, good and bad, and tell them that you love them.


Who did you tell you loved today? I know that sometimes we have our enemies, people who we think is negative, and those pass-me-byes. Pass-me-byes are those people who are only in your life for a season. Do you have to have enemies? Have you tried your best to reach out to someone? Did you show love and appreciation?

Of course, life throws us some major curve balls. I am not a sport fanatic, but I have caught quite a few. Even though I never expect it myself, I like to let people know that I appreciate them and that I love them. Knowing that you are appreciated and loved are two of the most powerful things in the world.

My family, friends, and enemies have all given me strength. This is what I appreciate and love. It has molded me into the strong woman I am today. Watching Grey's Anatomy tonight has taught me that you should cherish every day with the people that is around you. You may not think that you need or want a person in your life until they are gone.


"Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Others stay awhile, make footprints on our hearts and we are never, ever the same.-Anonymous"