Each Others Keeper is trying to purchase and plant new trees for 5 senior citizen homes and 2 local schools in Chicago. These areas are where poverty has hit the most. Where better to start the Green Generation than to hit the older generation and the new?
HOW YOU CAN HELP
1. Make a contribution: A little bit of money to this cause will grow a long way for the environment. Click on the ChipIn badge above to charge your contribution.
2. Blog and tweet about the campaign and include campaign badge: Help tell the story about why it is important to contribute to the environment and promote "GO GREEN" practices. To copy the badge code,simply click on the HTML icon on the badge and cut and paste the code into your blog post.
3. E-mail this blog and promote it to someone else.
4. Advice: Give me some advice about how to get the word out by leaving a comment to this post.
5. Click these links for these Earth Day Freebies!
- Free Starbucks Coffee – Canadians get a free coffee from Starbucks on Earth Day. Just bring in your refillable travel coffee mug and enjoy.
- Free McDonalds Coffee – Although this freebie runs on Earth Day, it also is valid until May 3, 2009. Canadians can get a free small premium roast coffee from McDonalds. Offer is good from 5:00 a.m. until 10:30 a.m. and one offer per customer.
- Free O'Charleys Strawberry Lemonade Drink– Get your free Strawberry Lemonade at O’Charleys on April 22nd. Dine-in only.
- Home Depot - In order to bring awareness to Earth Day, Home Depot will be giving away 1 million free EcoSmart compact fluorescent light bulbs. Beginning April 19th, customers will receive one free 14W CFL light bulb, from participating Home Depot stores. No purchase is necessary and only one free bulb per customer, while supplies last.
- Disney Gift - Bring in three plastic bottles to a Disney store near you and receive a free gift.