Monday, March 23, 2009

YOU WON'T HURT ME NO MORE!!!

As a woman who grew up around domestic violence, became a part of a domestic violence relationship, and had friends that experienced domestic violence, by viewing the lives of others (Rhianna and Chris Brown), I now realize how much I have grown as a person. I have grown as a woman. Therefore, I want to inform my readers what the common responses of women or men and why they stay in their relationships.

As a first person perspective of someone who has been around and involved in domestic relationships, it boils down to self-esteem and fear. Some women, no matter how beautiful they are, believe that they cannot get any better. They believe that no one would love her they way that person does. They want to get out of the situation, however, fear keeps them paralyzed. These are their common responses:
  • "He loves me. I know he loves me. He has to work out his anger issues, but he loves me and would die without me."
  • "He did not mean it. You don’t really know him, it wasn’t as if he tried to kill me."
  • "He is the father of my children and I don’t want my children to grow up without a daddy like I did."
  • "He’s sorry. It won’t happen again."
  • "It’s no big deal. He’s better than my last boyfriend."
  • "I can’t."
  • "I’m not ready."
  • "He didn't hit me that hard."
  • "You don't know him. He was having a really bad day."
  • "Its none of your business!"
In many abusive relationships, the abuser will attempt to separate the victim from their family, friends, and community. If you or someone you know is a victim of abusive or you want to know more about my story, please click this link YOU WON'T HURT ME NO MORE !!!

This is "Women's History Month". Please share this with a friend, an enemy, and the post person. Comment and let me know what you think.