Thursday, February 26, 2009

Once A Cheater, Always A Cheater?

"In the sex war, thoughtlessness
is the weapon of the male,
vindictiveness of the female." - Cyril Connolly

I have dealt with a lot in the relationships that I was in during the past. I can definitely say that once you loose trust in a relationship, the respect is gone, and the love will slowly follow.

Just think about a time that you were in a relationship and you suspected that your significant was cheating. Whether you felt they were cheating physically, mentally, via text, online, etc.; what type of relationship do you now have? I know that I speak for a lot of women when I said that you often spend more time checking his passwords on his voice mail, going through his e-mail inbox, and just basically snooping, then communicating with your partner. In our mind, they will never be truthful because once a cheater, always a cheater.

The sex can be great. However, does that truly make up a relationship? Can you see yourself having a future with that person? Will you marry him/her? Have children? Will you be able to trust that person with your finances? I can't speak for anyone else but these are just some things that I can just let anyone do. In a relationship, you should be able to trust your mate with his life and vice versa. If you trust that person to sleep with him/her, you should trust completely.

I am preacher's kid. I was raised to forgive. However, how can you forgive when that bond of trust is completely broken. Should that person even forgive? We all make mistakes. Yet, which mistakes should be forgiven and which ones should. There is no right or wrong answer. Please comment.

Can love exist without trust and vice versa? Can you stay in love with someone you cannot trust? Have you ever been cheated on or lie to but found a way to salvage your relationship? How important is trust to you?

PLEASE COMMENT, FOLLOW, AND SHARE!