Thursday, February 19, 2009

My Down South Road Trip

I just came back from good old Louisiana. Its has been close to fifteen years since the last time I have been "down south". I always remind my family and friends that the last time I went to good old "Loui", I almost died! I was really young and I went with my aunt and my grandmother. While my grandmother was not looking, my aunt pushed me in a snake pit! She thought it was so funny, however, I was scared for my life. Yet, my family seems to think it was so hilarious. This recent visit had proved to have been quite an entertaining one. It was not what I had expected. Here is a recap of my family vacation.


It was a 12 hour trip going and coming. I promise you that it seemed like forever. As much as I had wanted to stay up and catch the scenery, I guess you can say that I was extremely tired. We had a limited selection of music and I can only listen to country music for so long...lol :)

Throughout the drive as you can imagine there were several rest room stops, food break, and great scenic tourist spots that we just had to stop at. Spending time with my mom and aunt was more than entertaining, it was its own experience. We were enjoyed the peace of leaving home and all of our problems and looking at the farms, cows, horses, and acres of pure green grass and blue and white clouds. My mom and I even had a contest of trying to figure out the various shapes in the clouds.
She won of course.


When we arrived to Louisiana, we met with some relatives that I have never met. I have to admit that some of them had very interesting personalities. For instance, they are so into cell phones and shiny objects. I didn't have a cell phone till I was 16 years old. Can you imagine 7 and 8 year old walking around with cell phone? Time has definitely passed!

I met two of my cousins that are just so adorable. I made them promise to visit me back home in Chicago. At first I was a little jealous that my mom was calling them her godchildren before I had even met them, yet now I see why.


We had went to several places on my 6 day trip. However, my favorite place was the zoo! It was quite different that the zoo in the city. The animals are always behind some cage or other habitat. Yet, this particular place you can drive through a habitat and see all kinds of animals within arm reach almost. Talk about lions, tigers, and bears...Oh, my! :)

This would have been a completely wonderful visit. However, without divulging specific details. This summarizes my belief. I believe in Karma.

~ Still others commit all sorts of evil deeds, claiming karma does not exist. They erroneously maintain that since everything is empty, committing evil is not wrong. Such persons fall into a hell of endless darkness with no hope of release. Those who are wise hold no such conception. ~


PLEASE FOLLOW THIS BLOG AND SUBSCRIBE!
COMMENT AS WELL.

I MISSED ALL MY READERS. I AM GLAD I AM BACK :)