Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Spanking Your Kids: Discipline or Abuse?

When I was younger, I used to get into so much trouble. My mother would say that I had a "smart mouth". I would say that I was simply wise for my age. After a while of staying in trouble and getting spankings, I started to where extra pants and stuff my pants with stuff so that I would not feel anything. I went through all the motions of being in pain and agony. However, the truth is I was laughing inside. My younger brother and sister thought this was hilarious and creative, thus following the stuffing of the pants. It took a while before our mom caught on. By no means were my mom abusive, she is actually loving and just taught us a lesson. Back in my day, discipline was different then what it is now. During this generation, it is more hurtful and dangerous. What do you think?

I have always considered discipline as a form of teaching a child or teenager a lesson. Discipline is when you punish the child or teen in some form. When I was young, we got spanked. We understood why we were in trouble. In addition, we were punished. Nowadays you can go to jail for disciplining your child or have your child taken away from you.

What are your thoughts on disciplining children and teens? How far should you go? Do you believe that the legal ramifications of disciplining children and teens are far? What is your story?
PLEASE COMMENT, FOLLOW, AND INTERACT!

Spanking Your Kids: Discipline or Abuse? (part 1)


Spanking Your Kids: Discipline or Abuse? (part 2)


Spanking Your Kids: Discipline or Abuse? (part 3)