Tuesday, January 13, 2009

American Idiot: The Reflection

Bush Tours America To Survey Damage Caused By His Disastrous Presidency




It has been thirteen days. Thirteen days since the New Year has begun. Normally, when we think of New Year, we think of new beginnings. We all tell ourselves and others that next year is going to be better and different. We make resolutions to ourselves. We start the year off positive. However, I realize that there are some things that we cannot begin anew. There are some things that we cannot forget about and we cannot erase. There are some things that no matter how hard we try, it is difficult to stay positive about. I am talking about our current President's legacy!

As usual, I normally take it a look at other blogs. I look at the people that I follow, the people that follow me, and other blogs almost every other day. Some blogs that I have come across have been strictly have been dedicated to President-Elect Barack Obama racism and bashing. In addition, I have been called a "nigger-loving, liberal"! While I purely respect others opinions, regardless of whether it is of racist and bigot intent, I just wanted to display some real hard cold facts.

President Bush Legacy

The White House said on October 29, 2003 that it had helped with the production of a 'Mission Accomplished' banner as a backdrop for President George W. Bush's speech on board the USS Abraham Lincoln to declare combat operations over in Iraq. This file photo shows Bush delivering a speech to crew aboard the aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln, as the carrier steamed toward San Diego, California on May 1, 2003. (Larry Downing/Reuters)

Casualties in Iraq The Human Cost of Occupation Edited by Margaret Griffis :: Contact
American Military Casualties in Iraq
Date
Total
In Combat

American Deaths

Since war began (3/19/03):42263404
Since "Mission Accomplished" (5/1/03) (the list
4087
3296
Since Capture of Saddam (12/13/03):37653098
Since Handover (6/29/04):33682771
Since Election (1/31/05):27882508
American WoundedOfficialEstimated
Total Wounded:30934Over 100000
Latest Fatality Jan. 11, 2008

This is a list that I found with an update of last January 2008. What mission was accomplished?

While we begin to New Year and try to attempt to get over our last year of bad administration, lets think about a legacy that has single-handedly destroyed the economy, and oversaw an unpopular and deadly war.

I do not know for sure what will happen when President Barack Obama gets into office. However, I can only hope that we can have an open mind and see the effects (positive and negative) that his leadership will have on our country. I want to ask my readers whether or not they think that President Bush's mission was actually accomplished. PLEASE COMMENT AND FOLLOW THIS BLOG AND AUTOMATICALLY ENTER NEXT MONTHS CONTEST.