While President Bush has been in office:
- Unemployment has risen from 3.9% to 7.8%;
- 42 States will or expect to make Medicaid Cuts;
- 41.2 Million People in America Have NO Health Insurance;
- The number of Americans living in poverty rises for first time in eight years;
- Overall economic growth at 1 percent, the lowest for any administration in 50 years;
- The value of Americans' stock holdings down $4.5 trillion and a 30 percent drop in the value of IRAs and 401(k) plans;
- A projected budget surplus of $5.6 trillion converted into a deficit of $400 billion;
- "Consumer Comfort" has dropped from +20 to -20 in one year;
- Bush Budget Posted First Deficit Since 1997, Predicted Deficits Until 2005;
- 98% of Pension Funds expected to be Under-Funded;
- ...Bush went to war for our country and found the weapons of mass destruction. I'm sorry, that was a lie!!!
I don't mean to sound negative, but I am simply stating facts. I strongly believe that going forward we should remember our current President's legacy and what we have been through and are still going through. Once we have this full realization, then it is up to us to effect where we are going. We can effect our future right now and do not have to wait four to eight years to do so.
The election is over. However, the fight for the "American Drean" is only the beginning. Have faith in your own voice. Make sure that promises made are kept and not forgotten. I have faith in Obama, however, I also have faith in my voice. I want to encourage everyone to continue to exercise there rights and remember the promises made by our current and new leaders. It is up to us to make sure that our DREAMS are fulfilled.
Please comment and tell me what you think. If there are other Bush promises not kept, which I know there are, please comment about it. Thanks.