Sunday, November 23, 2008

I AM WOMAN, HEAR ME ROAR!!!






"Thank you to the rock of my life, Michelle Obama." - Presidential-Elect Obama

Speaking for all the ladies in the world, my mother always told me that after every great man stands a great woman. I personally think just the opposite. I think that before every man stands a great woman. It is perhaps a woman's sensitivity, compassion, and strength that can endure the ups and downs in life. Maybe it is the woman's continuous sacrifices that she makes for her family. Call me a sucker for love or a silly romantic, but in the craziness of the politics, the name calling, the image tarnishing, the racism...I find myself admiring the strength of Michelle and her strong relationship with her husband. I just think that it is a great American Family Love story waiting to be told. I see that there are somethings that every woman have a right to have. They have a right to accomplish every thing that they set out to have. They have a right to have a successful career, a great family, and a good love!!!

I don't have any children, but I do remember the sacrifices the my mother has always made for me. I remember the ups and downs and the "behind the scenes" situations that occurred in her relationship as well as my own. Thus, I makes me wonder what an extraordinary woman First Lady Michelle Obama must be to absorbed the negativity, the racism, and the name calling.

As the time approaches for a new future and new administration, I see her role as First Lady a pivotal one. She is not the type of First Lady that serves only as a hostess that shows everyone the presidential garden and keeps everyone entertained. Then, I went back to what my mother told me. She told that before every great man, stands a great woman.

For the first time ever in American politics, we have a strong, accomplished, and a personality that we can relate to as First Lady. Michelle Obama's new role as First Lady has never been codified or officially defined. We all know the she is a prominent figure in the country's political and social life. I see her role as First Lady as something more than just a representative of her husband on an official and ceremonial occasion. I see her as a representative and role model for woman and children alike.

What is your role? Are you a wife, friend, lover, girlfriend, mother? Like, Michelle Obama, you have the power to command attention and the center stage. Michelle Obama is a wife, a friend, a mother, and now, the First Lady of America. In the past, the First Lady had been responsible for running the White House social calendar, acting as
a hostess during dignitary dinners and visits, taking on a few charities, and giving various press conferences and speeches. However, as I look at this video and how Michelle's husband looks at her, how she speaks, and her stage presence, I just know that she is destined for so much more than a social secretary. She is the new "I am woman, hear me roar", spokes model!!!

Women have the natural ability to influence behaviors and opinion. Therefore, Michelle Obama will also have the ability to influence legislation on important matters such as temperance reform, housing improvement, and women's rights. I don't know how First Lady Michelle Obama will choose to leave her mark on this pivitol role. However, there are some things that we know for sure. She has that down-home friendliness and human that we can all relate to. For the most part, when I see her, I don't see her as a fellow African-American person, I see her as a strong woman.

For all my ladies, I want you to take the time and count your blessings. Not just because of the Thanksgiving holiday, but because we should. We need to look at our loved ones, like Barack looks at Michelle, and thank God for them. We need to recognize our strengths within ourselves and know that we are the future "we are people, hear us roar", spokes model. As Michelle, have the strength to endure racism, feminism, and so much more, you have the strength to endure also.

If you know someone who do not have a role model, you should look at yourselves as a role model. Women have endured so much obstacles. As Michelle Obama continues to endure, you also have the power to endure.

Please comment (male or female) and tell me what things do you hope to improve on as we approach the new year. Please follow this blog also and tell a friend.

"Women inspire us to great things" - Anonymous

"Because I am a woman, I must make unusual efforts to succeed. If I fail, no one will say, ":She doesn't have what it takes"; They will say, "Women don't have what it takes"; - Anonymous