Monday, November 24, 2008

Everyone Is In Your Life For A Season


As the Thanksgiving Holiday quickly approaches and my family and I begin the traditional cooking, getting ready for guests, and last-minute house cleaning, I can't help but be grateful for the roller coaster things that I had endured this year. I guess you can say I have had sort of a "Job" experience, where I have lost everything and God has started to replenish the things that I have lost ten-fold. As I look back over my life, there are some things that I hold true and want to share with the entire world. I called it My Life Commandments.

Life Commandment 1:
Sometimes people come into your life and you know right away that they were meant to serve some sort of purpose, teach you a lesson or help you figure out who you want to become. I always tell my sister that everyone is in your life for a season. It can be a short season or a long season. However, you will know that very moment that they will affect your life in some profound way.

Life Commandment 2:
"Obstacles are necessary for success because in selling, as in all careers of importance, victory comes only after many struggles and countless defeats. Yet each struggle, each defeat, sharpens your skills and strengths, your courage and your endurance, your ability and your confidence and thus each obstacle is a comrade-in-arms forcing you to become better...or quit."-From the Greatest Salesman in the World, Og Mandino

Life Commandment 3:
I know that people will sometimes forget what you said, what you did, when you did it, however, they will never forget how you made them feel. I personally know that you should treat people how you want to be treated. This is probably one of my hardest commandments to follow since some people can be darn right evil and vindictive. I have learned that in the end, he or she, will have to deal with their actions in some way or another.


Life Commandment 4:
My grandmother would always tell me that to worry is to sin. My mom used to say that worrying would make you sick. I know that there is so much that I have to do, however, worrying is very unproductive. You cannot get anything out of worrying, especially about things you have no control over. You should only try to deal with things that you can change and you do have control over.


Life Commandment 5:
Stop taking on other people's problems, because they can take better care of them then you can. We have our own problems and we often take on other people's burdens and try to fix things that we shouldn't fix. I have a tendency of trying help to much and trying to be a good friend. However, sometimes the best remedy is to not to help at all (depending on the situation).


Life Commandment 6:
Your greatest wealth is your family and your friends. Bills will always be there. Even if you are filthy rich, bills are still there. Taxes will still be there. Your greatest achievement and the most invaluable thing in your life are the people that you love. Just imagine being filthy rich with a big house, a multitude of cars, a host of staff, but no family or friends to share your life with. Not just because Thanksgiving is in a few days, you should cherish your family and your friends and let them know how you feel about them.

Life Commandment 7:
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude."-Anonymous

I want to encourage everyone to tell someone how you feel. Tell them how much you appreciate them. Then, I want you to go out and take the time and do something for yourself. Some people who are close to me always tell me that I am always doing for others and never for myself. However, today is a new day
.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
Please comment and follow this blog.