Saturday, October 25, 2008

JENNIFER HUDSON DREAMGIRL NIGHTMARE



I am a Chicago, IL native. Therefore, like most Chicagoans, you can just imagine my sadness and surprise when I found out that on yesterday Chicago's very own dreamgirl- Jennifer Hudson's mother, Darnell Donerson and brother, Jason Hudson were found slain in there home. In addition, I heard that her nephew was kidnapped and still missing. According to various news outlets this appeared to be domestic abuse related by someone that the family knows.


However, this is not what is shocking to me. What is shocking to me is the fact that the suspect told neighbors that "I will kill her". Perhaps, it is a natural occurrence for someone to say that out of anger. But, no one thought that this was unnatural considering the persons criminal background?


I have came to the conclusion that we are still following that same old "see no evil, hear no evil" philosophy". As long as we hear no evil (what threat a person verbally made), see no evil (viewing strange and dangerous patterns), evil will be done (murder, rape, kidnapping, etc.)!!!


Domestic abuse is something that occurs every single day. I was a victim a long time ago. I want everyone to pray for Jennifer Hudson and her family. But not only that, I want everyone to encourage people who are dealing with a difficult and verbal/physical relationship to seek help. I know you might be saying that it is none of your business, however, you are your brother's and sister's keeper. You have a right to encourage victims or potential victims to seek help. If you do not the courage to tell them, then just refer them to this blog and also this site http://www.avhotline.org/abuse/hotlines/index.html that gives numbers to abuse victims regardless of what state you are in.


I don't know the circumstances of Jennifer Hudson's family, however, I just want everyone to write to her fan site and online your condolences. She has always put GOD first in her life and then her mom. I know that her heart is breaking. I can only imagine how I would feel if my mom was taken away in such a matter.


My heart truly yearns for the Hudson family. I lost a dear friend to domestic violence so I know that there heart is truly bleeding right now. May God truly Bless and keep them in the time of tragedy.


Please take a few minutes from dealing with politics and write a comment and tell me what you think or if you had dealt with similiar issues.